[arch-general] Cisco VPN config

Rafa Griman rafagriman at gmail.com
Mon Jul 27 05:35:59 EDT 2009

On Monday 27 July 2009 04:27:45 Angel Velásquez wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 26, 2009 at 3:33 PM, Thomas B�chler<thomas at archlinux.org> wrote:
> > Rafa Griman schrieb:
> >> I know it sucks, had to patch it and patch it again when I used openSUSE
> >> because it didn't work. AFAIK they have no 64 bit VPN client, they have
> >> no up to date Linux VPN client, ... I'm not a Cisco fan, but my company
> >> has Cisco gateways/firewalls/whatever and I have no voice into that
> >> matter :(
> >
> > Many companies have that - which worries me because of the very obvious
> > security problems, at least in the xauth protocol.
>
> Unfortunately their publicity is powerful than their products, I
> really hate cisco and those all noobs who claim about the cisco
> training... in the real world, cisco is attached to a their
> restrictive, not efficient and expensive platform, and that is the
> truth.

Marketing ... There's another company ... can't remember it's name. Think it
starts with an "M" and ends with a "t". IIRC, they're also very strong in
marketing but the products ... ;)

> I will save this mail when my boss will decide to buy any cisco crap :S.
>
> Good luck Rafa!

Thanks. I'll check it out tomorrow (I hope) and let you all know.

Thanks !!!

   Rafa
--
"We cannot treat computers as Humans. Computers need love."

rgriman at skype.com
rgriman at jabberes.org