[arch-general] Problem with hard disk - not arch related

Rogutės Sparnuotos rogutes at googlemail.com
Sat Nov 7 06:24:29 EST 2009

Dario (2009-11-07 01:52):
> ciao!
>
> In data sabato 07 novembre 2009 00:23:13, Rogutės Sparnuotos ha scritto:
> > There's no clever advice I could give you, but I vaguely remember having
> > similar problems and similar logs some time ago (perhaps when kernel
> > 2.6.29 became stable). The block device of my drive used to become
> > but the mounted filesystem continued to work, IIRC.
>
> Indeed the filesystems is left intact, which at least is a good thing:)

Is KMail unable to quote mails or did you drop "inaccessible, " from the quote
above (after "used to become")?

> > Are you running Linux kernel 2.6.31?
>
> Yes, I am. Previously I pointed out the video card because the first time I
> met this problem, I was doing dirty things with CUDA under Ubuntu 9.04, and
> rebooting brought everything back in order. Could this be a sign of a
> relationship between the closed source Nvidia drivers and the wild controller?

I had a 13 year old Matrox PCI graphics card inside when the problem was
happening. And at that time I _think_ I had 2 SATA and 1 IDE drives
connected to the JMicron controller. Now the 2 SATA drives are connected
to Intel ICH9 Southbridge, and the IDE drive to JMicron (the motherboard
is Gigabyte GA-EP35-DS3).

--
--  Rogutės Sparnuotos