[arch-general] Problem with suspend

Philipp hollunder at lavabit.com
Thu Apr 1 17:50:33 EDT 2010

Excerpts from Csomay Mihaly's message of 2010-04-01 23:16:13 +0200:
> Hi,
>
> I'm configuring suspend/resume on an Acer 1810TZ, but I have a small
> problem.
> I already set it up to suspend when I close the lid, I modified
> /etc/acpi/actions/lm_lid.sh to this:
> #! /bin/sh
> DISPLAY=:0 /bin/su csm -c "/usr/bin/i3lock -c 000044"
> /usr/sbin/pm-suspend

Wow, where can I read more about this?

> It works as expected, turns off the wifi, etc., restores fine when I hit
> a button.
>
> So I would think that running pm-suspend from a terminal would work
> also, but it hangs on /usr/lib/pm-utils/sleep.d/98-smart-kernel-video.
> If I move that file away, it suspends, but then the screen isn't
> restored on resume, it's blank.
>
> The worst part of it is that it worked from the command line once, but
> back then I didn't know that hibernating with kms-enabled intel chips
> results in memory corruption, and it killed my root partition so bad I
> had to reinstall. And now it's not working. Any suggestions?
> Thanks in advance.
>
> csm

For me (on acer extensa 5220) pm-suspend and pm-hibernate (as root) work
just fine, they did pre (intel) kms and they also do work fine with kms.
I didn't need to do anything, so it seem quite strange to me.