[arch-general] keyboard not working in Xorg after package updates

Xavier Chantry chantry.xavier at gmail.com
Wed Apr 7 14:11:30 EDT 2010

On Wed, Apr 7, 2010 at 7:59 PM, David Rosenstrauch <darose at darose.net> wrote:

> Anybody have any ideas on this?  GUI is completely unusable on the server
> until I solve this!  :-(
>
> I really have zero idea what's going on.  And it's a difficult thing to find
> good specific search terms for, as there's been numerous problems with xorg
> and keyboards over the years that keep coming up in the search results.

Well I already suggested a workaround : find a way to use the keyboard driver
It should be possible to create a xorg.conf to specify that. Or to
edit the hal files, but that's already deprecated with 1.8
Or maybe just removing evdev would work, I am not sure. But you would
need mouse too.

But in any cases, have a look at http://www.x.org/wiki/
Reporting problems, asking questions and getting help