[arch-general] Shouldn't pacman restart dovecot after update?

Attila vodoo0904 at sonnenkinder.org
Tue Aug 3 12:54:01 EDT 2010

At Dienstag, 3. August 2010 11:14 Peter Lewis wrote:

> I have to admit that the recent dovecot update caught me out too for a few
> minutes, until I realised that I'd had no new email for an eerie amount of
> time.

This is not nice no question but how will you solve changes in the config file
which be not backward compatible? In such a case it would be better to stop
instead of restart the daemon.

I think nothing would be better than to look what for updates be there and to
stop a daemon manual or in the case of KDE step to runlevel 3 before the update.
But this be nothing more than my 2c.

See you, Attila