[arch-general] my intro

Jude DaShiell jdashiel at shellworld.net
Sat Aug 7 22:02:32 EDT 2010

I install chris brannon's talking arch linux a little earlier this
weekend.  It was not the first Linux I've installed either.  I use the
talking version since I can't see anything at all.  For as small a Linux
as this is it's impressive.  We need a foomatic-rip package though because
my parallel printer probably won't work well otherwise and that makes it
difficult for those helping me shop to read my grocery lists.  I have
already built and got astrolog running on archlinux and for free accurate
horoscopes that's a good choice.  I could probably package it for this
Linux if there's enough interest.  Another problem probably of interest to
a larger audience is no command line spreadsheet programs are yet
available.  I can probably put some things together for that too.  I'll
definitely do that for myself and again if there's enough interest I can
probably build something and make it available. I do use orca and gnome a
little, but the graphical user environment isn't my normal living space
while at home.  I'm required to use Windows at work so I figure while I'm
at home I get to choose my operating systems and my operating system
interfaces.  I don't want the two environments getting confused with each
other.