[arch-general] gmail and mailing list

Ng Oon-Ee ngoonee at gmail.com
Tue Jan 12 20:21:08 EST 2010

On Wed, 2010-01-13 at 02:11 +0100, Alexander Duscheleit wrote:
> I don't use GMails web interface, i just pull all my mail from there
> via IMAP and it's sorted on my local server via sieve/dovecot together
> with a bunch of other accounts.
> This "feature" thus destroys threads for me, and I never know, if a
> mail actually has reached the ML (my connection tends to be flaky at
> times) until somebody replies to it.

I don't use gmail's web interface either, I pull mail using offlineimap
to a local store. My replies to the list come in fine (saved to the same
folder as my received mail by my gmail filter).

Perhaps you'd like to set a gmail filter for mails coming from this
mailing list (I think that's the exact term they use) to be archived to
a particular label/folder. It works here.