[arch-general] An old, tiresome discussion: cdrtools vs cdrkit

Joerg Schilling Joerg.Schilling at fokus.fraunhofer.de
Wed Jan 27 09:53:26 EST 2010

Allan McRae <allan at archlinux.org> wrote:

> >> Nice avoidance yet again of the request to provide some legal backing to
> >> your assertion that it is legal to distribute cdrtools.
> >
> > You still did not prove that it is illegal. I sit back and relax unless you can
> > prove your claims.
>
> Yes you can...  and equally so can we and not package cdrtools unless
> you can prove yours.  Even if you can prove your claim, we still can
> relax and do nothing.  Although, as I said before, the technical merits
> of your project warrant it replacing cdrkit if this is ever resolved.
> Unfortunately, that will likely never be the case given the conclusions
> that can be drawn from all "evidence" that has been presented out so far.

I am sorry that you do not accept our legal rules and that you are vulnerable
for FUD from a single person (in this case Eduard Bloch).

The fact that other people have also become a victim of attacks from this
person does not count as Bloch never has been able to show a confirmation for
his attacks.

Unless you start following common rules, it seems that you just like to play a
game with me. It does not seem to bring us anywhere and replying to future mail
from you looks like wasted time unless you accept to follow common legal rules.

Jörg