[arch-general] An old, tiresome discussion: cdrtools vs cdrkit - tone it down

Ng Oon-Ee ngoonee at gmail.com
Sat Jan 30 09:13:40 EST 2010

On Sat, 2010-01-30 at 14:56 +0100, Joerg Schilling wrote:
> Heiko Baums <lists at baums-on-web.de> wrote:
>
> > I mean I assume that you have a big technical knowledge. Otherwise you
> > wouldn't be able to write such a program and build such an Open Solaris
> > LiveCD. But I also can understand that some people feel being attacked
> > by you. On the other hand I can understand that you like to see
> > cdrtools in the repo instead of cdrkit since it is your and the
> > original software. And I'd also vote for switching from cdrkit to
> > cdrtools in the repos even if I generally don't mind with which program
> > I burn my CDs as long as the CDs are burned correctly.
>
> It seems that you also use this discussion to attack me.
>
> It would help a lot of you first try to understand what happened. A person
> did make a claim about an alleged problem without giving any proof for his
> claims. I asked him kindly to give enough information so in case there really
> was a problem, I am able to explain where it is located.
>
> Jörg

Joerg, I think most of us do see your points, but its difficult to take
them seriously with the language you're using. It may merely be a
translation issue, but the words you use, while perhaps not being an
issue in German, are considered generally offensive and trollish in
English. Unfortunately a bad messenger tends to taint the message.