[arch-general] How up to date does pacman keep Enlightenment(e17)???

David C. Rankin drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Mon Jul 19 02:28:06 EDT 2010

On 07/19/2010 12:10 AM, Joe(theWordy)Philbrook wrote:
> I can't change it's appearance (except to the extent of accepting a theme's
> default changes)
>
> I can't add or remove gadgets to/from the shelf.
>
> I can't change the size of the shelf.
>
> I can't change it's position from bottom center to any other setting.

E17 is really recent. I have e-svn 49942-1 which is only 80 or so commits behind
the current svn tree. That's only about 10-15 days behind today.

When I started E17 tonight to check out what you reported, I encountered an
error about the 'conf_exebuf' module not being found and asking if I wanted to
unload it -- I did.

We will need an E17 update from whoever builds E17 for arch. When I opened the
"Themes" dialog to change from the "Genesis" theme (good by the way), E17 froze.
That hasn't happened to me in a while. So it looks like the current Arch build
has a few bugs that will hopefully be cured with the next package.

If you want to stay up to the present with your E17 desktop, you can build it
yourself from svn painlessly with the easy_e17.sh script.

http://exchange.enlightenment.org/application/show/134

The script basically does it all for you. It downloads/updates the latest source
packages and then builds e17 for you. I've used it before and liked it. Once you
go through the first download, all the remaining updates are fast as you are
just downloading changes.

Give it a go if you want to see if your issue is fixed already.

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.
Rankin Law Firm, PLLC