[arch-general] cdrtools again... yay! - Was: Burning From Command Line

Xavier Chantry chantry.xavier at gmail.com
Wed May 26 10:31:14 EDT 2010

On Wed, May 26, 2010 at 4:04 PM, Joerg Schilling
<Joerg.Schilling at fokus.fraunhofer.de> wrote:
> Allan McRae <allan at archlinux.org> wrote:
>
>> [about time we changed the subject]
>>
>> Joerg,
>>
>> Even given you are correct about licensing terms (which I do not care to
>> dispute), currently all risk lies on the distributor.  Given many
>> distributions have (perhaps wrongly) chosen not to package cdrtools,
>> there is obviously some implied risk.  This is to your disadvantage. No
>> amount of emails from you is going to nullify that risk.
>
> If you would act at least be halfway consistent to what you claim, Arch needs
> to immediately drop the fork as there is a hint that there is a definite
> Copyright violation in the fork.
>
> I am happy to discuss things _after_ you prove a consistent behavior......
>
> For now we need to take the claim from "Nilesh Govindaraja" mase in
>
>>O66492 Nilesh Govindaraja Sat May 22 06:25  117/5416  Re: [arch-general] Burning From Command Line
>
> as another attempt to start a trolling thread :-(
>
> Unless someposts something serious in this threa, I'll ignore it.

To sum up, Arch users :
1) have a inconsitent behavior
2)  troll
3) are not serious.

And you are not happy to discuss things with them.
Why don't you just stay away from this list then ?
That way, everyone would be happy.

Every time, you come here, it results in a thread with 100+ useless mails.

> We have the lawyers from Sun legal, we have my German lawyers and we have
> Lawrence Rosen (the legal advisor of the OpenSOurce Initiatice OpenSource.org)
> that all confirm my statements. It is obvious to distrust a single person like
> Moglen that did stuck out with wrong claims long time before in special as he
> first confirmed to me in private that there is no problem with cdrtools.

Well people, you know what to do.
First, STOP talking to Joerg.
Then, if you want to do something about it, just go ahead and talk
with these people Joerg kindly mentioned.
Ask them whether they agree or disagree with Eben's interpretation
that GPL compliance on mkisofs is broken :
http://mailman.archlinux.org/pipermail/arch-general/2010-February/010989.html

Anything else you do (by trying to talk directly to Joerg) is
completely useless.