[arch-general] Burning From Command Line

Joerg Schilling Joerg.Schilling at fokus.fraunhofer.de
Thu May 27 05:15:51 EDT 2010

Mauro Santos <registo.mailling at gmail.com> wrote:

> > Later, some "religuous" crowd came up and claimed that Earth is flat.
> >
> > I encourage you to just ignore those people who claim that Earth is flat and
> > that there is a supposed legal problem with cdrtools.
>
> Sure I can ignore people who say that Earth is flat.
>
> The other people did backup their claims of Earth being round by
> publishing their reasoning and methods of determining Earth's radius, it
> has been peer reviewed and agreed upon that those claims are without
> fault given the knowledge available at the time of publication.

You hit the point: There is _zero_ prove from Debian for their claims.
Even Eben Moglen (in his mail that has been verified to be otherwise based on
lies as he e.g. claims that there was a phone call that did never happen) did
not give _any_ legal theory for his claims. Guess why...

... And there is a detailed explanation from me, Lawrence Rosen and other people
who confirm each statement with valid legal theories.

As long as there people that even believe things claimed by Debian to be in the
GPL that are not, we seem to have a serious social problem with FUD and
trolling.

Jörg