[arch-general] Network problem (router/gateway)

Gaurish Sharma contact at gaurishsharma.com
Mon May 31 04:25:45 EDT 2010

Hi,
Try the following

1)

$ ping -c 5 google.com
$ ping -c 5 8.8.8.8
see if you get a response
2) now try and initiate a connection manually

$ telnet google.com 80

For troubleshooting,
* Trying Disabling Iptables and see if that solves the problem
$ /etc/rc.d/iptables stop
also check if your routing table is configured correctly
$ route -n

And lastly, see if the network interface has been correctly assigned
IP address, netmark and gateway
$ ifconfig -a

Hope this helps

Regards,