[arch-general] [Thread closed] Is there a clean solution to get completely rid of Pulseaudio?

Ralf Madorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Sat Dec 24 03:25:41 EST 2011

On Sat, 2011-12-24 at 01:49 -0600, C Anthony Risinger wrote:
> Ralf ...
>
> your thread has managed to generate 65+ responses in 24 hours [snip]

Most of them were unfriendly insults by others! So please be fair and
don't blame me. You might count the useful friendly mails instead.
Btw. it's not only me who was abused without a reason.

When somebody asked regarding to the upgrade mtab issue it also caused a
flood of unneeded mails. Instead of posting a link to the latest news
http://www.archlinux.org/ on this list it seems to be netiquette to
insult users. It was the same with somebody asking regarding to
locale.sh, about people who do top posting etc. ... FWIW I got help
regarding to this thread from top posters :).

> conjectures regarding PulseAudio

I experienced enough issues myself and several Linux audio users lists
are crowded with issues regarding to PA.

> i thoroughly recommend immediately and permanently terminating this
> line of conversation, and returning when you have encountered a
> _concrete_ problem by which PulseAudio is [seemingly] causing an
> immediate, and diagnosable, issue, and you are unable to solve it via
> the usuals (eg. wiki, bbs, GOOG) ... else, i suspect your ability to
> procure future solutions from this list, and your peers, will be
> hampered by the impression being formed right now.
>
> take it or leave it :-)

I'll replace PA by a dummy package, hence it won't cause trouble on my
machine. Thread closed!

- Ralf