[arch-general] who wants to write me a relatively simple webapp?

Dieter Plaetinck dieter at plaetinck.be
Sat Feb 19 17:29:29 EST 2011

On Sat, 19 Feb 2011 20:44:22 +0100
Tom Willemsen <tom.willemsen at archlinux.us> wrote:

> Hey Dieter,
>
> On Sat, Feb 19, 2011 at 05:56:47PM +0100, Dieter Plaetinck wrote:
> > Hey Tom, what's the status?
> I'm very sorry, I haven't been able to get to it yet, I've only been
> able to look at how django works, I'd forgotten most of it, but it seems
> like the best idea to me right now.
>
> > If you have any questions, just let me know how I can help.
> Well yes I did have a question, what were your thoughts on how to view
> the data? Just a table filled with what everyone filled in or something
> else?

well I think it would be best to have a table that shows for each value of each criterion, the last succesful state (if known)

so, for example:

criterion ---- last known state
Arch:
- i686         OK on 2011.02.10 (tested by $user)
- x86_64       OK on 2011.02.05 (tested by $user)
- dual/i686    not tested yet
- dual/x86_64  FAILED on 2011.01.25 (tested by $user)

Image type:
- Core         OK on 2011.02.10 (tested by $user)
- Netinstall   OK on 2011.01.18 (tested by $user)

and so on (see my first mail for all criteria)

So, since every test report is a combination of reports for specific things (like "i tested an install with the i686 core image, with manual partitioning, ntp clock setting, etc etc and it worked fine"), but it will cause updates for various properties in the table above.

Dieter