[arch-general] gnome2.32

Sergio de Almeida Lenzi lenzi.sergio at gmail.com
Mon Jul 4 18:53:58 EDT 2011

Hello,

If any of you, still misses the gnome 2.32 with ffmpeg, mplayer,
mencoder,
dvdstyler, and all the stuff that comes with,

I have setted up an archlinux server at: archlinux.k1.com.br

howto:
1) edit /etc/pacman.d/mirrorlist to have
    only one line
    Server = http://archlinux.k1.com.br:81/$repo/os/x86_64
2) edit the /etc/pacman.conf  and uncomment the
    code to fetch from community, multilib, lzt
    lzt is the "private" packages brought from FreeBSD 8.2
3) do the command pacman -Syu
    the system will bring the codes from the k1 archlinux repository
4) pacman -S abs
    will rebuild the /etc/abs.conf to point to the K1 abs
5) command: abs
    will fetch (via rsync) the abs and put it in the /var/abs
for now, there is a complete gnome 2.32 working with
gdm 2.18 (the old one) that have gdmsetup.
libreoffice is version 3.3.3 and the pt-br package is libreoffice-pt-BR
I have tested on several old notebooks and seems OK

Just in case some of you need the old gnome.

Sergio