[arch-general] gnome2.32

Evangelos Foutras foutrelis at gmail.com
Mon Jul 4 19:58:24 EDT 2011

On 5 July 2011 01:53, Sergio de Almeida Lenzi <lenzi.sergio at gmail.com> wrote:
> Just in case some of you need the old gnome.

That's not how we roll, and people should be discouraged from using
frozen repositories.

The only way this could work would be to have an actively maintained
repository complementing the official ones. I imagine this is not an
easy task at all, considering upstream's discontinuation of the Gnome
2 line.

So, people who are still using Gnome 2 are encouraged to upgrade to
Gnome 3 and see if they like it. After a week or so, they can choose
to either keep it – if they're happy – or switch to another desktop
environment (maybe even try a window manager instead).