[arch-general] Mounting drives via nautilus stopped working after update.

Tom Gundersen teg at jklm.no
Fri Nov 25 07:30:14 EST 2011

On Fri, Nov 25, 2011 at 1:22 PM, Madhurya Kakati <mkakati2805 at gmail.com> wrote:
> After a recent update, I am unable to mount any drives by clicking their
> names in nautilus side panel like I used to do before. I use awesome wm and
> start it via slim which itself is started via the inittab method.

Are you able to reproduce the problem if you use GDM in stead of slim
and start it using the rc-script rather than inittab?

> I have dbus installed and it starts up automatically at boot. Also in my
> .xinitrc file I have ck-launch-session and dbus-launch before awesome.

This sounds like it should work, but I don't use your precise setup so
cannot confirm it. I seem to remember other people having similar
problems and replacing SLIM with something else fixed it (but I don't
remember the details so I might be wrong).

> Everything used to work fine like this before the update. Now when I try to
> mount a drive I get the error not authorized. I am also in the group
> storage.

ConsoleKit, UDisks and PolicyKit should be responsible for this
working and you should not need to be in any particular group.

> I really like arch Linux but these stuff breaking on updates is what pisses
> me off.
> Please help me as this is affecting my productivity on my machine.

Pro tip: You'd be more likely to get help if you skipped these kind of
comments...

-t