[arch-general] Fwd: udev events and /usr not mounted

Myra Nelson myra.nelson at hughes.net
Fri Nov 25 17:44:57 EST 2011

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Myra Nelson <outerrimlogging at gmail.com>
Date: Fri, Nov 25, 2011 at 15:45
Subject: udev events and /usr not mounted
To: General Discussion about Arch Linux <arch-general at archlinux.org>

No gripes, complaints, or rants, just a question about udev rules. This is
one of those /usr not mounted things that's broken.

Fri Nov 25 12:06:54 2011: :: Loading User-specified Modules    [BUSY]
udevd[398]: failed to execute '/usr/sbin/alsactl' '/usr/sbin/alsactl
restore 0': No such file or directory

It's easy to work around but I was wondering, is it possible to move
78-sound-card.rules and/or 90-alsa-restore.rules to say /etc/udev/rules.d
then source them, myself, after /usr is mounted? Or would that cause other
unwanted and unnecessay problems, security issues, or just plain not work?

Currently I don't want to try to migrate /usr to /. / is only 4 GB and /usr
is 8+ GB and everything works to well so I'll just do a fresh install
later. Otherwise sudo /usr/bin/alsactl start works well.

Myra

Brain Dead
--
Chaos! Panic! Disaster! (My work here is done)