[arch-general] Fwd: udev events and /usr not mounted

Thomas Bächler thomas at archlinux.org
Fri Nov 25 18:00:51 EST 2011

Am 25.11.2011 23:44, schrieb Myra Nelson:
> [...]

You can work around this by mounting /usr from initramfs. There are RFC
patches around for doing this, I don't know where right now (search this
mailing list, this topic has come up).

It is known that having /usr separate causes problems like the ones you
describe, see [1].

[1] http://freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/systemd/separate-usr-is-broken