[arch-general] Same on T520

Clive Cooper clive at winpe.com
Sat Nov 26 14:26:54 EST 2011

2011/11/26 Michał Piotr Gawron <michal at gawron.name>:
> On 26.11.2011 16:12, Clive Cooper wrote:
> […]
>> I have had the mouse jumping problem myself on various laptops and in
>> every case it was caused by not having installed xf86-input-synaptics.
>> Just thought it was worth a mention.
>
> I do have xf86-input-synaptics, but I disabled the touchpad it in BIOS. :-)
>
> But now I'm pretty sure that it was iwlagn module that was causing me
> all this trouble. I upgraded my BIOS and EC to the latest versions, but
> only when I'm running on external USB Wifi my system is stable. Module
> iwlagn must be unloaded. No crashes, no jumping mouse.
>
> std::best_regards();
> --
> Michał Gawron

I notice that iwlagn can be run in debug mode. May be of no use at all
but you could try...
sudo modprobe iwlagn debug=0x1000
... and see what kind of output you get from it.

Outside of that I am out of my depth here.

Clive
--
Infinity: A concept for those who cannot comprehend the big picture.

() Arch Linux - For movers and shakers. ()