[arch-general] Discussion on usage of [testing] repo - minimal requirements?

Martti Kühne mysatyre at gmail.com
Mon Oct 24 07:40:33 EDT 2011

On Mon, Oct 24, 2011 at 11:24 AM, Tom Gundersen <teg at jklm.no> wrote:
<snip>
> Maybe this requirement should be communicated more clearly (e.g. a
> comment in the standard pacman.conf)?

Great idea. I mean, as a non-[testing] user I get that guinea pig
feeling which comes naturally with linux often enough. Don't miss to
express that [testing] here is far from what other distros label with
"testing" and will hopefully break your system (because we want to
know).

<snip>
> [0]: a lot of the non-trivial bugs against my packages are discovered
> after they move to core, probably because the people with the right
> hardware/use-cases are not using testing.

Looks really like I keep missing all the fun.
What the hell, I'll add [testing] to my pacman.conf tonight...

cheers!
mar77i