[arch-general] OT: [arch-dev-public] polkit package upgrade patch

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Fri Aug 10 19:33:36 EDT 2012

On Sat, 11 Aug 2012 00:59:25 +0200, Leonid Isaev <lisaev at umail.iu.edu>
wrote:

> Do we always have to get personal?

> Seems to me that some people have way too much free time...

> And do you think it's a good idea to spam my inbox? Ah, right, I should
> unsubscribe.

> I don't read reviews because relevant people you should listen to are
> too busy to write them.

Yes, everybody who mentions cons about system relevant broken software has
to much time. Perhaps important, relevant people would have more time too,
if they wouldn't use borked, system relevant software ;).

This kind of argumentation IMO is more near to spam, then to mention again
and again, that pulseaudio is a serious issue and people fear that systemd
will become a serious issue too.
Some people don't have the time to test and brake their Linux, that
doesn't mean that people with enough free time are losers, IMO somebody
who doesn't have enough free time should learn to manage the live better.

I just wonder why a discussion needs to become that personal. Heiko didn't
become personal. Writing about somebody who does hardcore public relations
is something completely different, than defamation of people who might
have too much free time, just because they have another opinion or read
the book reviews of people that aren't that smart, as the people you would
listen too.

Why not simply stopping that discussion, instead of feeding it with such a
defamation?

:)
Ralf