[arch-general] OT: [arch-dev-public] polkit package upgrade patch

Guus Snijders gsnijders at gmail.com
Sat Aug 11 02:15:11 EDT 2012

Op 11 aug. 2012 03:02 schreef "Tom Gundersen" <teg at jklm.no> het volgende:

> On Sat, Aug 11, 2012 at 2:01 AM, Heiko Baums <lists at baums-on-web.de>
wrote:
[...]
> > Like I said before, if you would support systemd, sytemd-tools and
> > everything else related to systemd totally optional, and keep
> > initscripts pure initscripts without any systemd stuff like it was
> > before, I would say nothing. But since you really force the users to
> > install this systemd stuff, you will have to live with such comments,
> > and not only from me, as you should know.

It's always funny in this subject how people seem to forget that udev no
longer exists on its own.
Despite the careful annoucements from Arch.

> I don't force anyone to do anything. If you see flaws in anything I
> do, then provide review, patches or bug reports. If you don't like the
> direction I'm taking initscripts in, then fork it and provide your
> competing version.
>
> To be clear: it has always been my plan to make initscripts and
> systemd as close to each other as possible and share as much code as
> possible. I strongly believe this is the right thing to do. If you
> disagree, then I think your time is better spent at coding a
> replacement rather than at whining.

Just for the record Tom: some of us are very happy with your work on
continuening Initscripts.
It sometimes looks as if 'everyone' feels they must switch to pure systemd,
I for one prefer the predictability of init.

Keeper up the good work!

Mvg, Guus