[arch-general] Personal note

Aurko Roy roy.aurko at gmail.com
Wed Aug 15 13:58:49 EDT 2012

On Wed, Aug 15, 2012 at 10:57 PM, Tom Gundersen <teg at jklm.no> wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> As most devs have done already, I'm going to change my relationship
> with arch-general. This probably does not matter to most of you, so
> sorry for the noise. Then again, it might be a useful reminder about
> how most devs interact with the list (or rather, how they do not).
>
> My approach to arch-general used to be:
>
> 1) to scan it for bug reports and feedback related to "my" corner of
> the Arch world, and follow up on whatever bugs/problems/questions I
> could.
> 2) to correct anything that I considered misinformation about the same.
>
> I am no longer able to keep up with this, so I will:
>
> 1) stop dealing with bugs reported on the mailing-list, please report
> anything to the bug tracker.
> 2) just accept that the world is full of misinformation and baseless
> speculations and not engage with it any longer.
>
> This is mostly for the sake of my own sanity, but also because I think
> my continued presence on this mailing list decreases rather than
> increases the current abysmal quality of discussion.
>
> Lastly, I'd like to add that I have appreciated the many constructions
> conversations on the list.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Tom

Sorry to see you go. Although I don't post much here I do read and
appreciate your prompt and very informative responses to the various issues
that are on arch-general. If this is because of the recent flame-wars over
systemd, couldn't you just ignore (filter out) those messages and
concentrate on real, technical issues that are (occasionally) posted here?

Thank you for your contributions.

--
Aurko Roy
GPG key: 0x20C5BC31