[arch-general] Arch-general is becoming a mess !

gt static.vortex at gmx.com
Fri Aug 17 01:23:35 EDT 2012

On Thu, Aug 16, 2012 at 05:28:03PM +0200, Heiko Baums wrote:
> Am Thu, 16 Aug 2012 17:08:53 +0200
> schrieb Thomas Bächler <thomas at archlinux.org>:
>
> > This is a technical mailing list. If you want to discuss technical
> > topics about Arch, you're in the right place. If you want to state
> > your _opinion_, get yourself a blog.
>
> And if this opinion is about something going on (for the better or for
> the worse) in Arch Linux? If I have concerns about systemd for good
> reasons, even if they are not "technical" but, say if you like,
> "personal"? Well, the "personal" concerns can easily become "technical"
> ones sooner or later. See PA. Blaming ALSA for PA's bugs. What if this
> will happen with systemd, too? And I bet this will happen sooner or
> later.
>
> Shall I really shut up or open my own blog, which the Arch devs, TUs
> and other users for sure won't know or read? Or would it be better to
> say my opinion on this "technical" mailing list, so that people can
> think about that before probably doing a mistake?

I agree. Posting on a blog doesn't get you the intended audience, unless
it's a well known one. All you'll get is crawlers and spammers.

I enjoy all the discussions on this list, and value the opinion of all
users, and if there's someone/something I don't like, I just ignore
that. As simple as that.