[arch-general] Arch-general is becoming a mess !

Justin Strickland azriel.kiten at gmail.com
Fri Aug 17 01:52:05 EDT 2012

On Fri, Aug 17, 2012 at 10:53:35AM +0530, gt wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 16, 2012 at 05:28:03PM +0200, Heiko Baums wrote:
> > Am Thu, 16 Aug 2012 17:08:53 +0200
> > schrieb Thomas Bächler <thomas at archlinux.org>:
> >
> > > This is a technical mailing list. If you want to discuss technical
> > > topics about Arch, you're in the right place. If you want to state
> > > your _opinion_, get yourself a blog.
> >
> > And if this opinion is about something going on (for the better or for
> > the worse) in Arch Linux? If I have concerns about systemd for good
> > reasons, even if they are not "technical" but, say if you like,
> > "personal"? Well, the "personal" concerns can easily become "technical"
> > ones sooner or later. See PA. Blaming ALSA for PA's bugs. What if this
> > will happen with systemd, too? And I bet this will happen sooner or
> > later.
> >
> > Shall I really shut up or open my own blog, which the Arch devs, TUs
> > and other users for sure won't know or read? Or would it be better to
> > say my opinion on this "technical" mailing list, so that people can
> > think about that before probably doing a mistake?
>
> I agree. Posting on a blog doesn't get you the intended audience, unless
> it's a well known one. All you'll get is crawlers and spammers.
>
> I enjoy all the discussions on this list, and value the opinion of all
> users, and if there's someone/something I don't like, I just ignore
> that. As simple as that.
heh seems most of this blaze has to do with users who are unfamiliar with systemd and by convention afraid of it, I suppose the devs could lay down the law and just be like 'this is what arch is going to ship with and this is what we are going to support get over it!' then maybe this'll die down. but thats just my 2 cents. I'm like you I don't really care what everyone else thinks whats gonna happen is gonna happen whether certain users like it or not, the final decision is up to the people who develop and maintain arch if they deem something should go or something could goand it would make their job even the slightest bit easier on them, who are we to complain, I mean I've taken a look at the effort it takes to build a distro and let me tell you its not easy making 100's(possibly 1000's) of things to work and play nicely together.