[arch-general] Ways to power on broadcom bcm4311 wireless adaptor without booting into windows

mercator mercator2006 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 23 05:25:34 EST 2012

Hi Vladimir,

In fact I've tried 'lspci -vnn | grep 14e4' before, and this is the output,
JUST one row:

10:00.0 Ethernet controller [0200]: Broadcom Corporation NetLink BCM5787M
Gigabit Ethernet PCI Express [14e4:1693] (rev 02)

If I just type 'lspci' I will not find anything related to wireless card
either.

About the kubuntu thing, did you mean this?

I've read it before open this thread. My problem is just the same as that
of stark222000: it's wifi card CANNOT be powered on, not that driver thing
listed in archwiki or linux wireless.

He solved it through booting into windows. But I don't have windows
installed and I don't want to install it anymore. So I opened this thread
as 'how to power on my wifi card' instead of 'my wifi card dose not work',
which will of course be classified as a driver issue.

And if I missed anything after my explanation, plz let me know. Thanks!