[arch-general] change in mount behaviour?

Fons Adriaensen fons at linuxaudio.org
Sat Jan 28 17:06:05 EST 2012

On Sat, Jan 28, 2012 at 03:41:06PM -0600, Leonid Isaev wrote:

> http://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/NEWS.23.2

This doesn't provide any reason why emacs should depend on
consolekit for its functionality. It only says it depends
on gconf to find out a 'default font', and that you can
opt out at compile time.

I may depend on my local garage to keep my car in order,
but that doesn't mean I have to depend on it for anything
else. I don't have to buy my carrots where the mechanic
gets them. Things like gconf impose an 'all or nothing'
dependency and that is where it all goes wrong, and why
no app should have a compiled-in dependency on them.
It's easy enough to make this a run-time choice.

Ciao,

--
FA

Vor uns liegt ein weites Tal, die Sonne scheint - ein Glitzerstrahl.