[arch-general] Upgraded kmod, but --ignored linux & glibc, modules still in /lib - can I reboot safely?

David C. Rankin drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Sun Jul 15 01:35:58 EDT 2012

Tom, All,

  I see the glibc /lib move is out of testing. I updated with --ignore
linux,glibc and received an install warning from kmod stating:

==> Kernel modules are now only read from /usr/lib/modules...

  My modules are still shown in /lib. Does this mean I cannot reboot safely and
expect it to work? Since I wanted to delay install of the new kernel and glibc,
should I also have excluded kmod?

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.