[arch-general] My end-user $0.02 on /etc/rc.conf splitting.

Tom Gundersen teg at jklm.no
Sun Jul 22 11:59:19 EDT 2012

On Sun, Jul 22, 2012 at 5:41 PM, Jorge Almeida <jjalmeida at gmail.com> wrote:
> Wrong, they are going to ram systemd down our throats. Believe you me. And why
> is the onus always on the end-user?

Most of us who work on initscriptst agree that systemd is superior and
that most people will move to it one day. However, we are trying very
hard to make initscripts a viable option as long as possible. So, no,
we are not trying to ram anything down anyone's throats.

If you think initscripts is superior, great! We could need more help
with testing and feedback on patches at arch-projects at archlinux.org.

-t