[arch-general] fluxbox + notification-daemon

Roberto Preziusi roberto.preziusi at gmail.com
Wed Jul 25 11:44:37 EDT 2012

Hi all,
I've some problem with notification-daemon.

Trying to start notification-daemon with my fluxbox at startup I get some
errors.
The problem is when the daemon receive a notification

For example if I send something with notify-send:

    notify-send "hi" "hello this is a notification"

I see this notification-daemon crash with this error:

  (notification-daemon:11776): GdkPixbuf-CRITICAL **:
gdk_pixbuf_scale_simple: assertion `dest_width > 0' failed
  Rilevato trace/breakpoint

here my fluxbox startup:

/usr/lib/notification-daemon-1.0/notification-daemon 2>&1 >>
/tmp/nofifications.log &
batti &
xscreensaver -no-splash &
conky &
tilda &
exec fluxbox -log ".fluxbox/log"

There is someone who get same problem here or maybe anyone know how to fix ?

*yes I'm Italian :)