[arch-general] iPhone not -completely- detected (ifuse doesn't work)

Sergi Pons Freixes sachiel2014 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 10 11:47:51 EDT 2012

Hi All,

After following the wiki ( https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Iphone
) and looking for similar problems on the forum (
https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=133822 ), I still can not
get my iPhone to be detected by ifuse, in order to be able to sync
music.

The iPhone has iOS 5.1.1 and is not jailbroken.

The system has installed:
linux-lqx 3.4.2-1
ifuse 1.1.2-1
libimobiledevice-git 20120610-1
usbmuxd-git 20120610-1
libplist 1.8-2

I boot up the system (fuse module is loaded at startup), unlock the
iPhone, and connect it to the system. I got:

usb 2-2: new high-speed USB device number 3 using ehci_hcd
ehci_hcd 0000:00:1d.7: dma_pool_free ehci_qh, f2d1e060/fffff060 (bad dma)
usb 2-2: New USB device found, idVendor=05ac, idProduct=1297
usb 2-2: New USB device strings: Mfr=1, Product=2, SerialNumber=3
usb 2-2: Product: iPhone
usb 2-2: Manufacturer: Apple Inc.

But when running ifuse command to mount it:

No device found, is it connected?
If it is make sure that your user has permissions to access the raw usb device.
If you're still having issues try unplugging the device and reconnecting it.

On the other hand, Shotwell is able to see it, and import pictures. In
case it's relevant, I'm using Gnome with gvfs-fuse-daemon. Any clue
about what could be failing (apart form me :P)?

Regards,
Sergi