[arch-general] Nvidia/vesafb/GRUB2

Kevin Chadwick ma1l1ists at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Jun 28 20:13:20 EDT 2012

> No, it supports the vesa standard. All cards do. But that's completely different
> from vesafb, a linux driver.

Your right and you cleared up the confusion somewhbut that's a little
unfair. I believe all cards MUST support VESA. The vesafb driver isn't
supported directly but it uses the VESA standard as do many embedded
drivers so it is supported indirectly. They certainly don't support
running both but then on the 172 driver mentioned they don't support
the recent xorg servers new abi either.

If I was the OP I wouldn't waste time if there's is no problem beyond
a log from a closed source driver unless uvesafb offers benefits as
that won't be supported either as it's not Nvidia's code is it?