[arch-general] mkinitcpio

Myra Nelson myra.nelson at hughes.net
Fri Mar 2 02:46:00 EST 2012

I don't think this is significant enough to warrant a bug. Since the
linux-3.2.6-1 kernel updates ( I don't remeber which version of
mkinitcpio, sorry), I've been getting the following warning when
mkinitcpio runs during the kernel install:

cp: warning: source file
`/lib/modules/3.2.9-1-ARCH/kernel/fs/ext4/ext4.ko.gz' specified more
than once

I originally thought it was due to my inclusion of the
mkinitcpio-numlock hook from the AUR, but I have a fresh install on a
new machine, without the numlock hook and get the same warning. I
searched the bug tracker and found no reference to this. /usr is not
mounted on a separte partition.

my box
HOOKS="base udev autodetect pata scsi sata filesystems usb usbinput
fsck numlock"

new box
HOOKS="base udev autodetect pata scsi sata filesystems usb usbinput fsck"

Since it's a warning not an error and doesn't appear to have any
deliterious effects, it's not a problem. I just wondered if it's
something I'm doing or if it's something in the hooks in mkinitcpio.

Ciao for now

Myra