[arch-general] mkinitcpio

Simon Perry arch at sanxion.net
Fri Mar 2 08:58:51 EST 2012

On 02/03/12, Myra Nelson wrote:

| I don't think this is significant enough to warrant a bug. Since the
| linux-3.2.6-1 kernel updates ( I don't remeber which version of
| mkinitcpio, sorry), I've been getting the following warning when
| mkinitcpio runs during the kernel install:
|
| cp: warning: source file
| `/lib/modules/3.2.9-1-ARCH/kernel/fs/ext4/ext4.ko.gz' specified more
| than once

I think it's a bug, but like you, I'm reluctant to call out things like
this.

I have removed ext4 from my MODULES line, and removed the filesystems
hook in order to get rid of the dupe message.

Unless some dev comes along and says "ext4 will always be in your
initrd", I'm worried that this bug will be fixed then I'll rebuild, then
I won't be able to boot because ext4 will be missing.

Maybe I have the wrong idea here, but I never used to see this warning.

--
Simon Perry (aka Pezz)
[ s a n x i o n . n e t ]