[arch-general] mkinitcpio

Simon Perry arch at sanxion.net
Fri Mar 2 11:37:30 EST 2012

On 02/03/12, C Anthony Risinger wrote:

| ... respectively.  i make backups so often that i should really have a
| little alias or something ... then again, `cp` does backups itself,
| maybe should leverage that, meh.

I normally stick to the "if I have the last working one there, and I can
load it via editing the grub line, I'm good".

Didn't eat my own dog food in this instance.

I've grown to trust Arch kernels, however being the pedantic Sys Admin
that I am, I like to resolve warnings (i.e. the mkinitcpio one).

Something clearly changed in order to make this warning appear. I used
to have ext2 and ext4 in my MODULES line, and autodetect and filesystems
in my HOOKS. Never used to get a warning about ext4 being included
twice, regardless of my lack of intricate "know how".

So when you see it, you try and fix it. Trying leads to removing things
from mkinitcpio.conf, this leads to sympathising with a brother on the
Arch list, then getting told you have unecessary modules in your
mkinitcpio.conf by an Arch hero, then missing one thing they said and
blurping your box.

Anyway, as David Crosby said in The Simpsons:

Just take it one day at a time and know that I love you.

--
Simon Perry (aka Pezz)
[ s a n x i o n . n e t ]