[arch-general] mkinitcpio

Tom Gundersen teg at jklm.no
Fri Mar 2 12:11:34 EST 2012

On Fri, Mar 2, 2012 at 5:37 PM, Simon Perry <arch at sanxion.net> wrote:
> Something clearly changed in order to make this warning appear. I used
> to have ext2 and ext4 in my MODULES line, and autodetect and filesystems
> in my HOOKS. Never used to get a warning about ext4 being included
> twice, regardless of my lack of intricate "know how".

Sorry if this is already clear to anyone, but for the benefit of the archives:

The reason having "ext2 ext4" in the MODULES array gives a warning is
that we recently dropped the ext2 and ext3 modules in favor of making
them aliases for ext4.

We allow aliases of modules to appear in the MODULES array, so if you
want to see what modules will _actually_ be included in your initramfs
you could resolve all the aliases like:

$ MODULES="ext2 ext3 ext4"
$ modprobe -aR $MODULES
ext4