[arch-general] Gringotts, alternatives?

Magnus Therning magnus at therning.org
Fri Mar 2 16:39:22 EST 2012

On Fri, Mar 02, 2012 at 10:00:27AM -0500, Taylor Hedberg wrote:
> If all you need to store securely are text files, and you are a Vim
> user, you can use Vim's built-in Blowfish encryption support.
>
>     :set cryptmethod=blowfish
>
> Then use the :X command to set a key and encrypt the current buffer.

Yes, I'm a vim user and have considered using it to encrypt the
notes... but then it becomes a question of organisation, but maybe
multiple files actually is a good thing.  I'll have to think about
that a little while.

I wasn't aware there was built-in encryption in vim, I've always used
the gnupg plugin[1].

/M

[1]: http://www.vim.org/scripts/script.php?script_id=661

email: magnus at therning.org   jabber: magnus at therning.org

Most software today is very much like an Egyptian pyramid with
millions of bricks piled on top of each other, with no structural
integrity, but just done by brute force and thousands of slaves.
     -- Alan Kay