[arch-general] archroot - proper way to Start Over? (rm -r $CHROOT/$USER)?

David C. Rankin drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Fri Mar 2 17:31:25 EST 2012

Guys,

  What is the best way to clean a chroot without doing another mkarchroot?

  In the chroot I have /root and /david. With Trinity there are 2 different Qt
dependencies that can be used Qt3 and TQt3. I have built a set of packages on
Qt3, not I want to rebuild starting with TQt3. I don't want any stray dependency
mismatches, so I want to start with a fresh chroot.

  I know I can just save my [local] repo and blow away the whole chroot and
start over, but can I do just as well by deleting /david and then build my first
package? Or, is it better to just start over with mkarchoot?

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.