[arch-general] problem with pulseaudio when resuming from pm-suspend

Heiko Baums lists at baums-on-web.de
Fri Mar 9 07:23:25 EST 2012

Am Fri, 9 Mar 2012 11:45:50 +0000
schrieb Tom Gundersen <teg at jklm.no>:

> Disabling PA as Ralf suggests would
> in this case not help at all, and likely just make it worse (I wish
> people would stop suggesting to disable PA regardless of what the
> problem is, in most cases this is not going to make things easier).

I'm not sure about that, but usually you get to hear the opposite. I
mean, nowadays if a sound problem occurs, regardless of whether it is
caused by ALSA or whatever, it's usually suggested to install and
activate PA. This usually doesn't help, too.

That said, suggesting to disable PA is most likely a better help than
suggesting to enabling it.

> If I understand correctly your underlying problem can be solved by
> blacklisting the pcspkr module, that should make sure the kernel will
> no longer beep.

In this case you're likely right with your suggestion.

Heiko