[arch-general] arch as virtualbox guest - gpm -> mouse cursor stuck in middle of console?

David C. Rankin drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Mon Mar 12 13:32:51 EDT 2012

Guys,

   IIRC, gpm used to work fine in archlinux when arch was installed as a guest
os in virtualbox (virtualbox-bin 4.1.8-1). I have always used the same options
with gpm:

gpm -m /dev/input/mice -t imps2 -a 3

   Now when I start gpm and click in the virtualbox console window, all I get
is a single cursor (character cell) in the center of the console. If I
double-click, then the line with the cursor on in highlights, but I can never
move the cursor from the middle. I've tried all other -t msX types. I've also
tried -t ps2 which gives the same behavior as imps2.

   I've check the wiki Console_Mouse_Support and googled gpm cursor won't
move, etc.. and haven't found anything relevant. Anybody see this behavior
before or know of a workaround?

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.