[arch-general] Compiling qt-4.8rc1 from [testing] fails

Bjørn Øivind Bjørnsen bo.bjornsen at gmail.com
Tue Mar 13 03:00:04 EDT 2012

On 12/03/12 15:05, Kay Abendroth wrote:
> Bjørn Øivind Bjørnsen <bo.bjornsen <at> gmail.com> writes:

>> Hello list,
>>
>> The latest qt-package in testing broke one of the applications I am
>> working on at the moment.
>> It compiles fine, but crashes during runtime, so I tried to compile qt
>> with debug symbols. I did the same thing as I usually do when I have to
>> poke qt-internals - added '!strip' to the options in the PKGBUILD and
>> tried to compile the package again. The PKGBUILD and friends were
>> obtained from abs. However, the compilation fails in tools/assistant,
>> with the following errors:
>>
>> make[4]: Entering directory
>> `/home/bo/pakker/qt-4.8rc1/src/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-
> 4.8.0/tools/assistant/tools/assistant'
>> compiling helpviewer_qwv.cpp
>> <snip>
>> ==> ERROR: A failure occurred in build().
>>
>> I noticed that qtwebkit was split out of this package. Have I missed
>> some other piece of vital information which allows me to compile this,
>> and does anyone else see this? I could reproduce this on two x86_64
>> machines here, -Syu'ed as of today.
>> I would be thankful for any tips :)
>
>  Hello,
>
> I experienced the same problem while compiling qt-4.8.0-6. Any hints on
> how to avoid that error?
>
> compiling helpviewer_qwv.cpp
> <snip>
> ==> ERROR: A failure occurred in build().
>     Aborting...
>

> Regards,
> Kay

Hello,

IIRC, I got it to compile using testing-x86_64-build from devtools. I do
not know what in my environment caused it to fail, but the clean chroot
produced by the helper script worked fine.
Check out
	https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/DeveloperWiki:Building_in_a_Clean_Chroot
for more info.

Regards,