[arch-general] Some synaptics multitouch functionality lost on upgrade

Scott Lawrence bytbox at gmail.com
Thu Mar 15 14:58:06 EDT 2012

MacbookPro5,4.

After an upgrade a few days ago, which included an update to
xf86-input-synaptics-1.5.99.901-1, I've lost the ability to right click by
clicking with two fingers. Interestingly, I can still right-click by /tapping/
with two fingers, and everything else is working unaffected (including
two-finger scrolling). Any hints as to what triggered the change, and how to
fix it? Various searches shed no light on this.

Nothing interesting is in Xorg.0.log, xinput's output seems ordinary, and I
don't see any options offered by synclient that would change this behaviour.
Anywhere else to look? (I'm about to try enabling shmconfig and see what
synclient -m gives.)

(I'm not a fan of mtrack at all; I'd much rather get the input-synaptics stuff
working properly again.)

Thanks.

--
Scott Lawrence