[arch-general] Some synaptics multitouch functionality lost on upgrade

Scott Lawrence bytbox at gmail.com
Thu Mar 15 16:29:52 EDT 2012

On Thu, 15 Mar 2012, Jesse Juhani Jaara wrote:

> to, 2012-03-15 kello 15:44 -0400, Scott Lawrence kirjoitti:
>> (There's no separate physical button.) How is that different from what you
>> describe?
> Is your trackpad like this? With or without those lines.
> http://www.blogcdn.com/www.engadget.com/media/2010/05/hppavilionhands-on05.jpg

Yup, albeit on a mac.

> Do you have xf86-input-synaptics-clickpad intalled?

No, I was using xf86-input-synaptics. Using -clickpad made no difference in
behaviour.

>> (Sorry if I'm being particularly dense. Maybe I should just build an
>> old version from source.)
> If you are using the ..-clickpad pkg you can get old version from the general
> AUR git clone. Or from my own git of my PKGBUILDS
> https://gitorious.org/huulivoide-aur

Hmmm. Thanks for the pointer.

This functionality isn't so bad (apparently, I almost never use right click
anyway) - I think I'll just live with it until I have time to dive into the
source to change the behaviour to what I want (possibly submitting a patch to
make it configurable).

Thanks for the help.

--
Scott Lawrence