[arch-general] How to download .sigs into CacheDir with pacman

Dennis 'Gyroplast' Herbrich dennis at archlinux.org
Thu Mar 22 13:05:27 EDT 2012

Greetings everyone!

I am constructing a local, common repository of packages aggregated from
core, extra and community, named 'default' for discussion's sake. This
local repository shall be a "frozen" state of a (virtual) machine's
package installation, to ensure a common package status across all
machines which are using this local repository to upgrade. The idea behind
this is to setup an internally tested "baseline" or "stable release"
repository for certain clients.

Basically, I want to shove 'pacman -Q' output into my magic bash script on
my personal testing machine where all necessary updates are installed, and
have a shiny repository ready for use fall out at the end. This is working
nicely already, except for one thing that bothers me greatly:

I haven't found a way to reliably download the official package signature
files along with the packages themselves through creative use of pacman. I
do not REALLY want to fetch the .sig files in another step from the mirror
I am using, as that'd require me to construct package FILE names myself
instead of just throwing pacman a "core/filesystem=2012.2-2" and let
pacman figure out my architecture and download location. I DO want to have
package signing available for my local copy, though.

Is there a way to grab the .sig files along with the package files with
pacman, and place them somewhere neat as the CacheDir, for instance?

Any help or ideas are appreciated!

Best regards,
  Dennis