[arch-general] makechrootpkg -d goes in repo.db why not local.db consistent with DevWiki?

David C. Rankin drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Thu Mar 22 18:54:03 EDT 2012

Guys,

  I have followed the DeveloperWiki:Building in a Clean Chroot page closely for
the trinity build and it has worked fine. For major rebuilds it has you create a
local.db.tar.gz in /root/repo as a local repo. However, I was experimenting with
makechrootpkg -d and it suggest it will add the package to the local /repo, but
instead it creates /root/repo/repo.db. Why not local.db?

  Looking at the developer wiki and then looking at the help file for makechrootpkg:

  -d         Add the package to a local db at /repo after building

  I expected both to be consistent. Is there a reason for the difference?

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.