[arch-general] makechrootpkg -d goes in repo.db why not local.db consistent with DevWiki?

baho Utot baho-utot at columbus.rr.com
Thu Mar 22 19:22:05 EDT 2012

On 03/22/2012 06:54 PM, David C. Rankin wrote:
> Guys,
>
>    I have followed the DeveloperWiki:Building in a Clean Chroot page closely for
> the trinity build and it has worked fine. For major rebuilds it has you create a
> local.db.tar.gz in /root/repo as a local repo. However, I was experimenting with
> makechrootpkg -d and it suggest it will add the package to the local /repo, but
> instead it creates /root/repo/repo.db. Why not local.db?
>
>    Looking at the developer wiki and then looking at the help file for makechrootpkg:
>
>    -d         Add the package to a local db at /repo after building
>
>    I expected both to be consistent. Is there a reason for the difference?

The repo.db.tar.gz is what I would expect.

-d says It will add the path to a local repo not that the repo database
will be called local.db.tar.gz

Just put

[repo]
Server = file:///repo

into the pacman.conf in the chroot directory and it will work.

Then the chroot evironment will be able to load/install dependcy
packages when needed for building the "package under building".

I do this all the time.