[arch-general] RFC: OpenRC as init system for Arch

Kevin Chadwick ma1l1ists at yahoo.co.uk
Wed May 9 05:54:52 EDT 2012

On Wed, 9 May 2012 10:58:01 +0200
Nicolas Sebrecht wrote:

> And dbus will be part of the kernel, soon.
>
> So, what you call "silly dependencies" *are the core* of a Linux system.

So is that sentiment, we'll force it upon you. How lovely.

You have read all the security papers about dbus, right?

Unless your willing to give up lots of your own or machine time
compiling of course.

I wouldn't run the as admitted by and somewhat out of Linus's control
bloated linux kernel on servers, adding dbus would just re-affirm that
even if it wasn't used.

I wonder and am not suggesting whether the unix/posix world is going to
divulge completely due to linux only tech.

I wonder when/if a new linux kernel will gather steam. Perhaps called
something like genux. Or if techs will eventually flock even more to the
BSDs.

They're retorical by the way.