[arch-general] rubygems, the arch way and the aur

Paul Gideon Dann pdgiddie at gmail.com
Sat May 19 18:08:26 EDT 2012

On Saturday 19 May 2012 20:03:11 Kwpolska wrote:
> On Sat, May 19, 2012 at 7:26 PM, martin kalcher
> > python script
>
> Are you serious?  A Python script for Ruby gems?!  But seriously, a
> great idea and an even better scripting language choice.

Oh dear oh dear; that won't do at all.  Who can seriously *want* to use
Python?  (Just teasing, people!)

I can't help much with Python code, but I might be able to help with a Ruby
implementation.  I suspect rubygems probably has some code we could hook into
to make things easier, actually.

The PKGBUILDs would be pretty trivial, I think; I wonder if it's even worth
flooding AUR with them.  I like the idea of a proper [rubygems] repository,
containing repackaged gem files, or simply having them appear in [community].

I'm generally pretty happy using rubygems for system-wide gems, though.  It
doesn't bother me too much.

Paul